Friday, November 9, 2007

Trusting Completely in the Ocean of Life

I love listening to stories that carry hidden meanings of trust and faith. Stories that are metaphors for anything you apply it to. The stories that truly resonate with me, live in my heart.

The other day I was speaking to my acupuncturist about intuition. I have this theory that those that practice any kind of healing, that truly 'listen in' and pay attention to their intuition make for the greatest practitioners.
This goes for western and eastern medicine, as this is our nature by birth, to listen to our intuition, to listen to our thoughts and our insights.

I asked my acupuncturist, who's last name refers to one of my favourite disco songs, how she did it.

She became quiet for a minute. I suppose she may have been slightly shy to share her technique with me. I had already praised her for knowing what she was doing.

When she was growing up, living in one of the northern most states of the United States on the east coast, she told me that she would sometimes go out to sea with her father. They would at times return late at night, and her father would have to navigate ever so gently back to shore through lobster traps.
As it was pitch dark when they returned, they'd have to find their way through the quiet waves of the sea without getting tangled up.
Quietly but surely they would find their way back to shore.

Her narration of her childhood memory was very vivid, and I found myself re-living her own adventures. As she'd hang ever so slightly over the rim of the boat, looking into the sea watching for those lobster traps, inhaling she scents of seawater and seaweeds, I could sense the calmness of the sea, the mystery of what was hidden in the deep darkness. And I could see her father, ever so gently row between those traps without ever getting tangled. It's a vision that carries faith and trust.

She said, not once did they ever bump into one or even get tangled up in one of those. They are completely impossible to see in the dark, and it was all done by trust. There were no lights to show them the way, they had to listen in, to their inner voices and have faith.

Something, and someone was guiding them.
Just as life is. If we allow ourselves to trust we will find ways through the ocean of life by having that absolute faith that somehow, some way we always find the right path.

That is how mediumship is also, trusting that the information come through clearly, and that we don't get tangled up in lobster traps as we're relaying the information to the sitter.
Each human life is a lobster trap floating around in the ocean, and we too must be ever so gentle in handling those lobster traps.

Be Mindful - Trust - The Ocean of Life Awaits you

1 comment:

Cartomancer said...

Wow this story is beautiful, I'm definitely going to keep this in mind. Something to remember!