Thursday, August 30, 2007

Detailed Descriptions and 'Je va faire la pipi'

Why is it that some mediums get more detail in their descriptions than others? I'm not quite sure, but I do wonder about that fairly frequently.
I'm beginning to see how my past is affecting my present moment positively. I've done so many different jobs, and I've been so passionate about all my studies every step of the way.
I studied philosophy and loved it, so when the 'scholar' the professor or the thinker wants to come through, I'll know what they were all about.
I studied tv/radio, journalism and media in general and I loved that too. For that reason I know how to ask probing questions to spirit, when I do the readings. The information then seems to flow very well.
I studied art intensely for years, and that was my greatest passion for most of my life. For that reason when a person comes through I can see every little wrinkle (or not) on their face. I'll find the little birthmarks, or I'll notice the missing teeth, or I'll see their exact eye colour. I become them, and with all my background I can put it into a clear picture which the 'sitter' can always recognize.
I know about 8 languages, some better than others. Just the other day while I was at work I needed to go to the restroom. Suddenly I hear French in my head and thought, that was very odd as I haven't really heard French since I lived in Paris. I heard loud and clear 'Je va faire la pipi' which is basically, I need to go to the restroom.
I return from the bathroom and I have a seat to chat with the lady that works there. This was at the end of my day and I was getting ready to head on home.
Then I smell this intense garlic and I asked her about it. She said there may have been some in the trash which she just emptied.
I thought, possibly. Still it made no sense to me, as the garlic smell came from her. I asked her if she was sure she hadn't eaten any. She told me she never eats it, but suddenly she remembered that her grandfather always reeked of garlic.
Bingo, her grandfather was there I thought.
I then asked her, do you know if anyone in the family spoke French? I'm hearing the French language all around you.
My colleague looks blonde and sounds very American, so I in my wildest dreams I would never have thought there was any connection what so ever with the French.
She then told me that her grandparents, who both are gone were natives to the French part of Canada.
Now it made all sense to me, why I was constantly hearing the French chatter in my ear.
Then as soon as the grandma noticed she had made a link....she starts chit chatting non stop in French. I understood most, but god was I rusty. So this was the first time I had translated a reading from French over to English.
I've done a translation before, but that was much easier, as it was a language I knew much better.
My colleague was very happy to know they were around her, and I know how it goes, from this point on I'll be hearing French around her.

No comments: