Tuesday, July 24, 2007

....in tears

Just the other day, I met with family and one after the other each family member had private sitting with me. I believe they all went well, and I have to say my greatest thanks go to Chuck to help me keep it going. Chuck was a brother who passed only a few years ago, then after him the parents both went within a couple of years. Before Chuck though also there was the sister-in-law who tragically passed, too early in life.

Later I received an email from a mutual friend who told me that the whole family was in tears and I got a pat on the back, telling me 'a job well done'

Today I was thinking that it can be so hard for me, to know that the work that I do more often than not will bring people to tears. Then on the other hand, I also know as I'm told I bring a lot of healing to people, confirming all the details of their loved ones, and details of their own lives.

The first sitting was with a gentleman, who was Chuck's brother-in-law. One of the things that struck me in the reading was that Chuck could not help himself but to make fun of his brother-in-law when he was in the yard the other day, looking for the pipes for the septic tank. Chuck laughed and repeatedly said....'You couldn't find where the shit was coming out of your own house, could you'! And then finally when B found the pipes he was so surprised how close they were to the surface that you could almost see all the pipes. Chuck found the whole thing terribly amusing.
Then, later that day suddenly Chuck makes me feel as though I had to sing and dance the 'Chicken Dance'
Well there was no way that I was going to do that, but I relayed the information, and apparently just the other day there was the family who all got together for a family celebration and they all danced the chicken dance. Chuck was having fun with them all too.
I haven't heard the chicken dance in a decade I think, until Chuck brought it to me that day.
Then I met with Chucks wife, E. That sitting was like a roller coaster. Chuck so desperately wanted to be close to her, but every time he's say something heartfelt his wife burst into tears. Then Chuck made sure to liven things up and mentioned something hysterically funny. She'd smile, then he'd remind her of something emotional.
All I can say, I do hope she found some healing with this connection. He was so extremely proud of his grand daughter Destiny. He praised her left and right, and I do know that he will be with her for a very long time to come.
He talked about the flag pole his wife E was thinking of raising in his memory but never got to. Obviously he was there with her. Then one of the most memorable time in the sitting was when he spoke of the Vietnam Memorial, down in DC and he described the families clothing, that cold and wet day when they all were there with their father, before his passing. Chuck was there too.

This post is for Chuck and Tracey.....Thanks guys for making my work so much easier!

No comments: