Wednesday, May 9, 2007

How funny things can be.....

Just the other day, I was doing one of my demonstrations. As I've mentioned before, because I do so many of them, and I forget most of them, a rare few stick in my mind.
This gentleman who's been to several of my demonstrations was in the audience. Every single time I see him I forget that I've brought a spirit through for him before. Now though I'm paying more attention. Not that I won't go to him, as I go only where spirit moves me, rather there is one spirit that loves coming to him. He's a young man who was killed in a motorcycle accident barely 20 years old.
He's come through at a few different occasions and fortunately he's never come through with the same info. This last time, he spoke a bit about himself, what he looked like, the connection he had with D (the recipient) and his favourite things to do. To make a very long story short he then began to talk about D's 'spring cleaning' and that he was with him going through his closet. He showed me one piece of clothing after another which D obviously no longer could fit. He'd describe those hideous blue plaid pants, and show me how tight they were around D's belly. Then he proceeded to talk about his boat and that he was thinking of cleaning out the place where he kept his boat too. It'd be a huge job, because.....he was right there with him when D saw a rat...ooops and then another rat run across the floor. D really didn't pay much attention to it except the young man in spirit was holding up rats in front of me, just about 10 or 20 of them, on their tales upside down and yelling out laughing, saying 'You could open up a Chinese Restaurant'.
After all the descriptions of D's horrible taste in clothing 20 years ago and then the rat colony growing happily where he stored his boat, the whole audience was laughing hysterically.
He joked around like no other, and one had to really be there to experience it. To see D's embarrassment and reaction.
Most spirits have a great sense of humour and when connecting with a medium who is tuned in, it can be a riot experiencing all that.
I've seen mediums though at work who'll use a whole lot of childish remarks, which belong in the bathroom. Humour in spirit work is essential, because Spirit truly wants to see us rejoicing and celebrating life. Humour should be tasteful, and memorable, because it's the fondness of the memories that keep our hearts light.
The world is funny, if we only choose to see it through funny eyes. Laughter and Love is what makes the world go around.

No comments: