Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Keeping it Real

The summer has come and gone, with its sizzling heat, thunder and rain and occasional trips to the sea and workshops in between work.
A few weeks ago, I attended a workshop in New England. I had been to the same workshop before, but in the past, I've done some workshops twice and I always learned something new. For some reason, I knew I had to sign up for this workshop, even though I had attended exactly the same workshop before. I wasn't really sure why. It was my intuition pushing me to go. I needed a time way from work and from the city, so this would be my best choice for a weekend get-away.
It seems I made the right choice, even though I had done many similar workshops before with different teachers, I was there for a reason. A reason I did not know yet.
The teacher was John Holland. He is by far one of my favorite mediums, because he speaks the truth and he keeps it real. I had met him only a couple of times before very briefly and in my mind how would he remember me from 'a fly in the wall' as his own expression was, but he did.
His workshop of course like before was excellent. He is a great teacher, and he has a way of connecting with people.
He is one of those mediums that I know, will never forget where he came from, which I like.
At the end of the workshop I went up to him to thank him for all his work, which is amazing. He doesn't quite seem to realize how he's been a catalyst for thousands of people.
I think often times we who do this work, don't. It's taking me a long time, but I also know the reason why. It is the pure knowing that the work is not ours, but that of spirit, and all we do is connect and translate what spirit wants to say to their loved ones here. That's all.
But I connected with John to thank him, and a nicer guy I've hardly ever met. I invited him to come to an event I was participating in this August.
To my utter surprise he marked it in his calendar, and then to my even greater surprise he actually contacted me to confirm that the event was still taking place.
He actually came to see us work, and I'm so grateful for that. Having people like him, come to see young mediums work is such an honor, because that tells us, that those that have gone before us, haven't forgotten where they came from. He at least is still curious and wants to know what's going on out there.
I have to say, my prayers were heard. I see him as a great example of where I want to go with my work. I hope and pray one day I can be in his shoes.
It is such tremendous gift to be able to connect with spirit and bring those greetings to loved ones here.
Those that read this blog, I encourage you to follow John Holland and come and see him when he's in your area.

No comments: